Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Future and Food

Starting off SW's birthday celebrations at the pool! Not sure why I'm the only one standing. Force of habit from generally being one of the shortest ones in the group, I guess.

The Fada bros got matching mohawks. But rejected my suggestion to shave FADA into the sides.

The only photo marginally related to IST (in service training), where we were split into regions and received a week of language instruction. As an in-the-field class session, SW, LC and I had our futures told by a sand reader. We asked questions, he drew lines in the sand and interpreted them. My future career has to do with steel or metal in some way, and it will make me rich. Woo!

Delicious donuts and birthday cake with guava filling! Unfortunately, this is not standard Burkinabe fare. Other food included in SW's "chicken crawl" birthday celebration: frites royale, fries with scrambled eggs, tomatoes, and onion, and poulet du chef, the chef's special breaded chicken, aka the KFC of Burkina.

No comments:

Post a Comment